SimplePractice Feedback

How can we improve SimplePractice?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow patients to confirm appointments.

Patients, when they receive their reminder email/text/call, should be able to confirm the appointment. This helps me know that they rec'd the reminder and that they intend to come. This provides extra support to me when a patient no-shows and I bill them, "you confirmed the appointment." When I was part of a group practice and used a diff EHR, this was a feature that both patients and myself enjoyed. I liked being able to see my confirmed appts for the day vs. the unconfirmed.

301 votes
    Sign in Sign in with SimplePractice
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

60 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all, we’d like to learn more about what you’d like to see in this potential new feature.

Let’s use the following scenario to explore:

1. Your cancellation policy is 24 hrs
    2. You send out appointment reminders 24hrs before the appointment

What are your expectations in this case? How long should the customer have to Confirm and/or Cancel the appointment?

Please comment on the Ideas board post with your thoughts!

2. Stripe costs

Can we get some competition. Stripe is more expensive than a lot of other processors. I just spent over 4% of my yearly gross on Fees.

298 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To lower your per-transaction cost, we’re considering working with Stripe to introduce a physical card terminal that will lower your per-transaction costs. This will be an optional alternative to your current workflow. It’s not currently possible for us to negotiate our card-absent fees with Stripe. We appreciate your feedback on the terminal idea here:

https://simplepractice.uservoice.com/suggestions/36552658/

3. Addendum/Revision Option for Already Signed Notes

The ability to add an addendum or do a revision on a note which has already been signed. This is needed because sometimes one does make an error in a note. Currently, once a note is signed the only way to note an error would be in a chart note that is not connected to the actual note.

207 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate Wiley Progress Note Planners

We're collecting feedback and votes on the possible future integration of Wiley Progress Note Planners here.

157 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wait list management

I'd love some features for managing potential clients (in a future client queue) as well as tracking existing clients who want to be contacted with cancellations (for late notice sessions). I am frequently shuffling clients around manually, as I get openings, to ensure that I do not have big gaps in my day. I'm not sure how to manage this, while taking full advantage of the self-scheduling features.

202 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Additional reminders for clients who haven't yet filled out their forms

I'd like for there to be an option to have automatic reminders sent to clients who have documents and forms waiting to be filled on the Client Portal. There's an email that is sent automatically at the moment I first share the document, but if they don't act on that email, I have to notice this myself and manually remind them.

151 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reminders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improved Performance Reports for integrated Stripe Accounts

I would like access to many valuable performance reports that I could view all in one place on my Stripe homepage. Reports: daily, weekly, monthly, QTD, YTD, percentage difference between the same periods last year. All you get in Simple Practice in terms of Stripe reports are "card charges" and "payouts".

118 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Erik, thank you for the thoughtful feedback. Our product team is always evaluating ways on how to tighten our integration with Stripe. We want to understand more which tools you used in the Stripe Reporting feature and how you used them. That will help our team understand how to build out these features to more effectively assist you in managing your finances. Our transaction report is able to be filtered by date so you can see reports every day, month, quarter, and beyond. Additionally, you still have access to your standard Stripe account which can be used for record keeping purposes. Please feel free to comment below.

8. Notification for Repeated Appointments Ending - Request

In the short time I have been using SimplePractice, I've noticed that there is not some kind of notification that lets users know if a client's automatic repeating appointments are about to end.

For example, "Josh" has an appointment scheduled at 4:00PM every Thursday for the default 30 week-long repeat option. When it gets to that last 30 week repeated appointment, there is no kind of warning or notification that lets me know Josh's repeated appointments are about to stop repeating on the calendar. When this happens, the client shows up the following week as expected, but we do not…

155 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ask for a reason when clients cancel an appointment in the Portal

I'd like the Portal to request a brief "reason for cancellation?" when clients cancel. For some, the cancellation remains a mystery until I track them down, which can take several days.

153 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 164 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Note Designer

I think it would be AWESOME if you guys could create some kind of note designer-not just a template but a click and input system where a clinician can click on a symptom, let's say, and then from there a sentence is created and input into the note. This would be great for the entire note such as "items discussed" and "therapeutic interventions" where there is a drop down menu and you simply click the items discussed or therapeautic interventions and sentences are created within the note. I have found note designers such as Note Designer or ICANotes but it…

138 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add forms

It would be nice to be able to “add” forms to the client schedule for completion in session. For example, releases and practice documents that require a signature. Not all of my clients are tech-savvy or use email and therefore I have to complete paper releases with them and scan into the chart. If I could “add” them in session with the client, I could have easily review the documents and have them sign on my tablet. It would also ensure proper completion of some of the forms.

142 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Credit card receipts

We need the ability to email or print credit card receipts as we did with our stripe dashboard. The invoices do not automate any transaction information so it is either missing or a manual entry is needed. Thank you.

78 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Current caseload numbers

It would be helpful to have a function to be able to see the amount of active clients at any given time. Right now, I count them manually and know that they can be exported to an excel format to count them, but that is rather cumbersome.

118 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We need to have an "appointment note" feature and a way to see intakes at a glance

Please add a feature that allows us to freely type a short note that appears on the main schedule page but is attached to the client's appointment. Examples of notes would be:
    *paperwork needed, *new ins card needed, *discuss benefits.

We would also like a visual, at a glance way to differentiate intakes from our other appointments.

86 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Preferred name for Therapist

This is a transgender affirming change that *needs* to happen. Therapists also need the ability to have a preferred name in SP, where their legal name is reflected in billing insurance, but no where else. Just like clients. Otherwise, you are outing transgender therapist's dead names. This is unacceptable.

103 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [medicaid] Notify when tx plan is approaching 6 months old

Medicaid requires tx plan review at 6 months.

Currently custom tx plans (SP tx plans are not medicaid compliant) must be manually searched for, which is time consuming, given no search feature.

A custom template that is acting as a treatment plan could have a "is this a treatment plan document?" attribute so software could compare date to today and warn user that tx plan is getting stale.

121 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve Reminders tab

I would like to be able to create my own to-do lists or add to the "reminders" that are generated by Simple Practice.

535 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

acknowledged  ·  47 comments  ·  Reminders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. signatures

Please offer the ability for the client to actually sign documents with their real signature, instead of the fake script that is currently used. Allowing the therapist to also sign with an authentic signature is also very important to be compliant with many state boards. I would feel more confident in using the electronic signatures if they were authentic signatures (such as how DocuSign works), and this would decrease the need to have duplicate documents with physical signatures from the client and therapist.

88 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Treatment Planning medicaid compliant, add a few fields

We would love to use the new tx plan features but this Wiley Tx planning feature is of limited value for practitioners constrained by Medicaid/ Medicare treatment planning compliance.

Please support these fields:
    Date Treatment Plan First Draft

Diagnosis

Persons Involved

COORDINATION OF CARE needed (get appropriate releases): PCP, Family, Court, School, Social Services, Others (Specify)

STRENGTHS & RESOURCES that will help me make changes:

CULTURE/BELIEFS/VALUES that may help or hinder treatment:

DISCHARGE GOALS: I will be ready for discharge from treatment when….. (at least two)

and then the usual treatment plan stuff : problem, goal, objectives (for each problem)

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Love!  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 76 77
  • Don't see your idea?

SimplePractice Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base